Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Joo Chiat Past & Present

I started mychewjoochiat blog in 2008. Over the years many new residents wrote to me about Joo Chiat area especially about the past. They wanted to know more about the site where there were residing. I have posted Joo Chiat 'then and now'. I shall continue to post the same topic with pictures but at different sites. I am starting with he oldest building in Joo Chiat which was built in 1916.  Joo Chiat Road was then known as Confederates Estates Road. It was renamed as Joo Chiat Road in 1917.


The 1916 building is at the junction of Joo Chiat Road/East Coast Road

                             Photo credit to Lee Kip Lin and NHB   Picture taken in1993


                             The 1916 building has been upgraded. Picture taken on 12.0-6.2013

No comments: